BOLD AS FOREIGN MINISTER
In 2012 Mr. Bold was appointed as Foreign Minister. After two years active diplomacy, the leaders of two neighbor nations;H.E. Mr. Xi Jinping, President of China and H.E. Mr. Vladimir Putin, President of Russia have paid state and official visits one after another with two weeks apart in late August and early September, 2014. This was unprecedented achievement in diplomatic history of Mongolia because heads of neighbor nations never paid official visits in one year, not saying even one month, and visits have made many historic decisions.Particularly and most importantly;
- Intergovernmental Agreement on Transit and Freight Transportation to the Sea and Back through Mongolian and Chinese territories. And General Agreement on Railway Transit Transportation.
- Signed Intergovernmental agreement between Mongolia and Russian Federation on Mutually Visa-free Regime for Citizens.
Mr. Bold is a reformist politician and hardliner of multi-pillar foreign policy. During his service as Foreign Minister, Mongolian relationships with “Third Neighbors”, the western democratic nations as defined by Foreign Policy Concept of Mongolia had great progresses.
- Mongolia has successfullypresidedCommunity of Democracies in 2012-2013and hosted its Ministerial Meeting in Ulaanbaatar in 2013.
- Strengthened Mongolian role in the Freedom Online Coalition. Ministerial Meeting of the Coalition has elected Mongolia to chair the Coalition for the current year although there were internal controversies among high-ranking political circle of Mongolia.
- In 2012 Mongolia has become NATO Partner Across the Globe and signed Partnership and Cooperation Agreement.
- In 2013 Mongolia has become a full-fledged member of the Organization of Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE).
- Effectively worked for Mongolian membership in APEC and ASEAN and was invited in their Ministerial Meetings as an official guest in the Foreign Minister’s level first time ever.
- Initiated, proposed, and successfully worked towards that Mongolia to host the 2016 ASEM Summit.
- Established the agreement with the USA on Transparency in Trading and Investments which was approved by the parliament of Mongolia.
- Signedwith European Union the Partnership and Cooperation Agreement and worked efficiently to accelerate to process of ratifying it by the member states of the EU.
- Contributed significant effort to the conclusion of Economic Cooperation (Free Trade) Agreement with Japan.
- Signed cooperation agreement between Mongolia and World Economic Forum on development scenarios for Mongolia.
- Enforced the agreement with South Korea on simplifying the visa requirements for the travelers of both countries.
- Legally instrumented the visa-free regulations for travelers to Mongolia from 42 countries of the North America and Europe.
- In the course of two and half years of serving as the Foreign Minister, organized total of 51 high-ranking official visits which in the quantity exceeds the total number of high-ranking visits within the last decade, an evidence of the Mongolia’s foreign relations’ openness and its broadening processes.
- Within this period organized first-time official visits by the Foreign Ministers of EU, Germany, Great Britain, France, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden and Norway. In addition welcomed Foreign Ministers’ visits of People’s Republic of China, South Korea, Czech, Slovak, Luxemburg and Singapore.
And paid visits to more than 20 countries around the world in the capacity of the Foreign Minister of Mongolia.